The Real New "DO"


These are "REAL" friends

Wigs

Wigs
Maddie having a little fun!!

Friday, July 15, 2011

Great News!!

I went in for an ultrasound today because the doctor was having a hard time finding the tumor yesterday at my appointment.  What a great thing for me to hear!  She wanted to make sure that she was measuring the size of the tumor accurately to continue to monitor the progress and success of the chemotherapy.  With another ultrasound, she could more accurately locate the tumor and measure it.  The ultrasound that initially identified the tumor was on February 17.  The radiologist showed me that day that my tumor was in two parts (one bigger than the other), but in total measured around 4 cm.  When the biopsy was done on February 21, the radiologist placed a clip in the heart of the biggest part of the tumor to mark it for future reference.  Upon inspection today, the radiologist told me that all that was left of the area with the clip was the clip itself.  No more tumor there.  The other part of the tumor is no bigger than 1 cm.  Praise God - the treatment is doing it's job and killing my cancer.  What a mighty God we serve!!  They also did an ultrasound on the left breast just to make sure that nothing suspicious was there.  Afterwards, she had me do a mammogram.  With all the cancer stuff going on, I totally forgot about the routine mammogram that was due in May.  Nothing showed up in either the mammogram or the ultrasound of the left side.  Hip! Hip! Hooray! 
Just wanted to share the great news of the day!

3 comments:

  1. Each day comes bearing its own gifts. So thrilled you got to open this one today!
    Love you my sweet friend!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So EXCITED to hear the great news, Julie! Rejoicing with you. Thank you, LORD!

    ReplyDelete