The Real New "DO"


These are "REAL" friends

Wigs

Wigs
Maddie having a little fun!!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Too Long

Wow!  It has been way too long since I updated my blog.  I hope you will forgive  me!  Ever heard the old adage:  "no news is good news"?  I guess I will claim that as my excuse.  Also, I have been able to see most of you and let you see for yourself how things are!!  I am doing GREAT!!  Don't get me wrong - I have my "freak out" moments when I feel like whatever ache or pain I am having is cancer returning.  I try really hard to "let go, and let God".  Most days it works really well.  I am currently 8 months (next Wednesday, May 2) cancer-free!  WOOHOO!  One of my favorite songs is by Natalie Grant - Your Great Name.  There is a phrase in the song that says:   "Redeemer, My Healer, Lord Almighty, My Savior, Defender, You are my King".  I especially love the healer part.   God would still be amazing no matter what He chose to do with my cancer, but I must say, I'm pleased with His plan so far.

My family and I took a phenomenal trip to Washington, D.C. over spring break.  If you have never been, I HIGHLY recommend it.  I really couldn't tell you who had more fun between the four of us.  We took congressional tours of the Bureau of Printing and Engraving, the Capitol, the Pentagon, the Library of  Congress (not the girls favorite), and the National Archives.  We visited a couple of the Smithsonian (there are 19 total) museums.  We spent a day at Mount Vernon, Washington.  We had tons of fun riding all around on the metro.  It was VERY obvious to those around us that we were tourists.  The cherry blossom trees were already budding and beautiful.  We visited many of the memorials (Lincoln, Jefferson, WWII, Pentagon, Vietnam).  I was able to reconnect with a couple of friends (one from childhood and the other from college) that live in the area.  It was fantastic to see them and meet their families.  We must have walked 8-10 miles per day, but, for the most part, we didn't even realize how tired we were until we were back at our hotel in Georgetown and ready for bed.   We did sleep well every night.  I hope you will take the trip with your family one day and experience it for yourself.

I think I  have bored you enough, but I want to share one more thing with you.  I prayed all through my journey that I could be a witness to people of God's faithfulness no matter what result (another favorite song by Kerrie Roberts).  I was able to do that with chemo nurses, technicians, surgeons, etc.  After my surgery, I began to pray for the opportunity to encourage others who are going through something similar to my journey.  Wow - I liken that to praying for patience.  Do you really want it?  NO!  I have had two particular ladies in my life since January (one for longer) that have really tested my faith and my belief in God as healer.  I won't bore you with the details, but suffice it to say, I am struggling.  I firmly believe that He knows what He is doing and that God is still God, but I have a hard time with such young ladies (29 and 41) and more recently a 3rd grade child having such health issues.  I will ask you to join me in praying for complete healing for both of these ladies and the little boy.  You don't need to know their names, because God already does.  Thank you for your continued prayers for me, my health, and my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment