The Real New "DO"


These are "REAL" friends

Wigs

Wigs
Maddie having a little fun!!

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Birthday Blessings

I am blessed to have each of you as supporters in this time in my life.  Thank you to each of you that have expressed birthday greetings to me today.  It has been a marvelous day so far and I'm sure it will continue to be.  We have had a dance recital rehearsal, volleyball game, and time on the phone with my brother in Africa and we are headed to The Cheesecake Factory tonight for a fabulous birthday celebration.  Let me update you a bit on what has happened in the last two weeks.
On May 9th, I had my final treatment of the first half of chemotherapy.  For the first time, I felt sick as the meds were entering my body.  I am glad that didn't happen every time.  I felt sick all day Monday, some of Tuesday, and again, even worse, on Wednesday.  It was a really rough week.  On  Friday, May 13th, I went to see Dr. Holmes again with more questions.  After that appointment, I have decided to switch and begin my 2nd half of treatments with her on May 31.  I will have weekly treatments with her for 12 weeks.  I am not allowed to drive myself to any of those treatments, so I will be trying to put together a schedule for people to take me to treatment and for people to take care of my girls for me during treatments (since they won't be at school anymore - YEAH!!).  If you can help, please let me know.  This week was full with Vacation Bible School planning (I am directing Maddie's 4th grade department :)).  I am trying to get as much done as possible so when VBS gets here, we are not too stressed.  I was also blessed to spend some time with great friends at some lunches.  I love going out to lunch.  My Mom decided to come into town for my birthday at the last  minute.  She drove from Amarillo yesterday (Friday) and got into town around midnight and will leave tomorrow after lunch to head home.  It is a little crazy, but I give her tons of credit for being willing to do so by herself. 
Please continue to pray - especially on May 31 as I start my new treatments.   We are hopeful that they will be more easily tolerated but equally as effective.  Thanks again for all the birthday well-wishes.  I love all of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment