The Real New "DO"


These are "REAL" friends

Wigs

Wigs
Maddie having a little fun!!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Catch Up!

Wow - what a quick and full 3 weeks it has been.  I must tell you about my hat party!  I will admit that I was a little worried about the idea since I have never been much of a hat wearer.  I happily announce how wrong I was to be worried.  We had an absolute blast!  If you weren't able to come and haven't seen the pictures, go to my FB page and you can pull up my album from the party.  I got some of the most fun hats.  I have already worn several of them and loved them (in addition to receiving multiple compliments on each one :)).  This week I had to go shopping to find some new cute clothes to wear with some of my new hats.  That has been fun too!  My fashionista 10 year old daughter told me that the hat I was thinking of wearing for Easter was way too dark (deep blue/purple) and that you don't wear dark for Easter.  We'll see!  I haven't decided what to wear yet.  Thanks to all of you that took time from your busy schedules to come to the party.  I think a  great time was had by all that attended.  I am blessed to have such wonderful, Godly friends that I can count on in times of need. 
Next Monday is my 3rd (out of 4) heavy treatments.  I have to tell you that I am not being very Godly on this, but I am working on it.  I am already anxiously worrying about how sick I will be this time on Day 1.   I felt horriby sick the last time and am hoping it doesn't get worse to the point that I am actually sick.  I HATE that!  I wasn't sick with either of my pregnancies and was always grateful for that.  I dont' want to start now with the "sickness" part of chemo.  I am taking all of these nausea drugs that help the rest of the week, but for some reason, that first day they don't even put a curb on the nausea.  Please pray!  As long as I stay very still lying down flat, it seems to help.  My plan is to come home, take the nausea drugs sooner than normal, and then put myself to bed.  I am hopeful that if I stay as still as possible and lay flat, my nausea will be bearable.  Please pray for a better attitude about facing this next Monday.  Right now, I am a fraidy cat and dreading it terribly.  I know that with my God, I can handle anything and l will hold tight to that all next week.  Just keep praying!!  My sister will be here with me until next Thursday and I am very glad about that.  My girls love her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment