The Real New "DO"


These are "REAL" friends

Wigs

Wigs
Maddie having a little fun!!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

I made it!

Treatment #3 done!!  HIP! HIP! HOORAY!!  Today is the first day I have begun to feel "normal" again.  I sat outside for 2-3 hours just enjoying the sushine.  The weather was phenomenal!  Looking forward to spending the day tomorrow in God's house and then with some godly friends.  Monday was a long day as many of you already know.  The treatment lasted its normal 6 1/2 - 7 hours.  This time, when I got home, I went straight to bed and took nausea meds 2  hours sooner than the last two treatments.  It seemed to help enough to make it through the roughest night of the week.  I didn't feel great at all, but just well enough to not be completely miserable.  The rest of the week has been BLAH to say the least.  My sister was here until Thursday morning and that was fabulous.  I have been very blessed to have had my mom and sis able to come and just be here.  Not to mention that both of them have done some serious cleaning while here.  Anyone who knows me well enough, knows that I can't stand a dirty house.  So even on treatment weeks, I am cleaning.  It was wonderful to have them here to help make the job not so overwhelming.  The nausea has been with me all week, but it is starting to go away.  I was given a prescription for indigestion problems I was having and it has helped make the indigestion (and therefore nausea) less intimidating.  I am thankful!  God is still here holding me in the palm of His hand!  At times, I admit, I lose sight of that.  However, through cards, texts, or emails, God places on someone's heart to remind me of it.  I am blessed!  Looking forward to an uneventful week.  He is Risen - He is Risen Indeed!!  Happy Easter!!   Love to all of you - please keep praying!!  Next treatment - May 9.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it through another week. Your picture is beautiful! So happy your mom and sis have been here. What a blessing. Praying for you!! Thanks for sharing your stories.
    Lisa Arch

    ReplyDelete