The Real New "DO"


These are "REAL" friends

Wigs

Wigs
Maddie having a little fun!!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Truth, The Whole Truth, and Nothing but the Truth

Many of you have already heard about my excitement from the Final Four on Monday night.  For those of you who haven't heard, here goes.  My great friend, LB, and her sweet husband, graciously allowed me to have their extra ticket to the final game at Reliant Stadium on Monday night.  We were all so excited!!  I won't bore you with all the fun stuff we did prior to the game starting.  Once the game started, a man (I can't call him a gentleman) walked past us to his seat with his "drink" (including alcohol).  He proceeded to talk to Kirby, LB's son, even though Kirby was using his headphones to listen to music (Kirb doesn't care much about basketball - just all the cool technology involved in a nationally televised game).  This man just talked louder when Kirb didn't answer him.  Kirby quickly let LB know that he didn't care much for this man, so Laura sent him to get some drinks and moved over so Kirby wouldn't have to sit by the man when he returned.  Now this man begins to hit on LB.  He asked  her multiple times (several minutes apart each time), if her husband was the coach.  When LB told him that her husband was an attorney, he laughed loudly and suggested he help him with one of his many divorces.  SAD!!  After he tired of LB ignoring him or not accepting any of his advances, he turned his attention toward me.  He asked LB who the beautiful blue-eyed girl was and asked if I was married.  He then began taking my picture multiple times with his phone.  I quickly grew tired of this and leaned over and told LB and her kids that if he tried to take my picture one more time (keep in mind that I am actually interested in the game and am incredibly annoyed to be bothered), that I would whip off my wig and smile really big for him.  LB and the kids couldn't believe that I would do that.  Sure enough, he leaned around LB and began to take my picture again.  So, true to my word, I whipped off my wig and smiled really big for him.  After he closed his mouth from shock, he declared he liked me better without my hair.  That was a big bummer since I was hoping I would shock him enough that he would leave me and us alone.  Meanwhile, LB and her kids are just about in the floor from dying of laughter.  I guess they didn't really think I would do it.  Let's jus say that just about everyone in the general vicinity of this was stunned.  We were surrounded by executive men and at this particular moment, they were not watching the game - the show around them was much more exciting!!  Ultimately, the man did leave us alone, and as we were leaving, he actually asked me how I was doing.  I answered good and he told me his wife had been through the same thing (I guess he put 2 and 2 together) and that she was doing great.  I was a bit stunned but more saddened that he wasn't home with his wife instead of drunk at a basketball game trying to hit on two ladies sitting near him.  So now you know.....the rest of the story!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Julie! That is so funny and sad all at the same time. Sounds like you were a celebrity in your own section - just enough for a LOT of people to have a story to tell at work the next day (or maybe on their blog!) but not enough to be on national tv and embarrass your girls. I think the basketball painted head would have been fabulous! But that is coming from one who had a jack-o-lantern painted on hers :)

    ReplyDelete