The Real New "DO"


These are "REAL" friends

Wigs

Wigs
Maddie having a little fun!!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 1

My chariot (Kela) arrived for me a little after 8 and we headed to the doctor.  Once checked in, paid, and vitals checked, I was hooked up by 8:45.  I asked how many IV bags I would have, and Mandy told me 7.  Kela and I chatted about "stuff" which was wonderful since I haven't been able to do that much in the last 2 1/2 weeks.  The 2nd or 3rd IV bag she gave me had benadryl in it and was supposed to help me take a nap.  Unfortunately, I could never get comfortable so I just dosed a little.  By 11:15, I had fnished the first 6 bags of "stuff" and Mandy hooked up the last.  I was thinking I would be out of there much sooner than originally planned.  This bag was red fluid.  I had a friend tell me she had the same drug cocktail I am having and she told me about this bag.  She told me when she was undergoing chemo, there was a man that would come around the hospital where she was having treatment and pray with the chemo patients.  When he got to her and saw her red bag, he told her it was like having the blood of Jesus running through her.  She really liked that and so do I.  Let it run through and wash away all of the nasty stuff inside.  Since Kela had a commitment at school, my other chariot, Laura, arrived with lunch.  Chicken Noodle Soup from CFA was awesome.  I had never tried it, but I'm thinking it will be my lunch of choice on those days.  After lunch I tried to rest again and this time, Laura says she thinks I slept for an hour.   By the time I finished my lunch and nap, the red bag was still going strong.  Around 3:15 I finally finished and headed home already extremely tired.  I stayed on the couch lying down because every time I would try to sit up, I would feel nauseated.  I was surprised that it hit that fast.  This morning, however, so far so good.  I again want to say thank you to all of you who are supporting me in this journey.  You really discover who your friends are in situation like this and I am abundantly blessed with all of you.  Continue to pray for my girls so that when they see me laid out on the couch or bed it doesn't upset them.  Love to all of you.

3 comments:

  1. Praising God the day after is good! Glad to know you have such fun "chariots"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the thought, "It's like the blood of Jesus running through you." When you are one with Jesus, His blood becomes ours! "One day at a time" and you are down 1 and working on 2. If it has to be, at least you know you are actually dealing with the cancer now and each new day can be a spiritual and physical triumph. You remain in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I woke up this morning with you on my mind. Came to check in on you here :) Glad to hear all went smoothly on Friday.

    You are CONSTANTLY in my prayers . . .

    ReplyDelete