The Real New "DO"


These are "REAL" friends

Wigs

Wigs
Maddie having a little fun!!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

The hair cut

Last Monday, I was blessed to go with 3 great friends to pick up my new wig.  It was a fun time!!  After I got  home, I called my hairdresser and asked if we could go ahead and shave my head.  My hair was falling out in handfuls and I was tired of the mess.  So she met me and Maddie at the shop after hours for her to shave me.  The difference in my children is precious - my oldest, Meredith, is not ready yet to see me without my wig or a hat, and my youngest, Maddie, helped the hairdresser shave my head.  She even went so far as to put a stocking cap on her head after the deed was done and we took a picture of us both being bald.  I completely understand each one's point of view and respect and love them for their opinions.  I must say that having no hair definitely has its advantages.  I am in and out of the shower in 4 minutes, and I can "do" my hair in about 10 seconds.  I prayed before I got my wig that I would love it and I definitely do.  I can't say that I enjoy how hot it makes my  head or how itchy it can be at times, but I love the look.  In fact, I have told my sweet husband that when my hair starts to come back in, if it is gray like it was before, we will begin to pay in order to hide that gray and make it look more like it does with my wig.  Many of you have made me feel wonderful about my new hair.  I have been told I look 20 years younger by one of my Sunday School boys and had an older gentleman tell me that when my hair does come back, I should fix it to look just like my hair does now.  All the comments that have come my way have been so encouraging.  Thank you to each of you for all the kind words.  I am so blessed to have friends like each of you.   I would love it if you would pray "extra" for me this week.  I have my 2nd treatment tomorrow.  I don't look forward to another 7  hours of treatment, but I do look forward to having another one over and done.  Pray patience for my family this week as I will not be feeling all that great and of less help than I usually am.  Pray for my mom as she is here to try and help and my husband as he juggles an extremely busy work schedule and a "needy" wife this week.  Each of you means more to me than you will ever know.  As we discussed in our 7th grade girls bible study this week, each of us will go through some kind of suffering in our Christian lives at some point.  The real test is whether or not we suffer joyfully and praise God in spite of our circumstances.  I pray that is what I can do continually!!

2 comments:

  1. If I can look as good as you, I want a wig!

    Praying for a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checking in on your next treatment date. Will be praying extra tomorrow and all week.

    ReplyDelete