The Real New "DO"


These are "REAL" friends

Wigs

Wigs
Maddie having a little fun!!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Scan Results are IN!!

After reading in my devotional book this morning (I already shared those gems of wisdom with you), I had decided that no matter what happened today with results, it could never be too difficult for God to handle.  So why was it when I was sitting with Brian in the office waiting for Dr. Naqvi to come and give us the news, a little Satan leaked into my mind again.  Every time it happens, I pray it away.  We waited a bit (30 minutes or so) for Dr. Naqvi.  As that time elapsed, I (as I had done many times before) had once again decided I had cancer all over my body.  Satan had reminded me of joint pain in my wrist, so I was convinced it was in my bones.  He reminded me of losing my apetite for Chick-fil-a several months ago, so I was convinced I had stomach cancer.  And so it goes!!!  Why oh why do we let him have any space in our minds?  Our God is greater, our God is stronger!!  When Dr. Naqvi walked in with a big smile and said:  "GOOD NEWS - YOUR SCANS ARE ALL CLEAR!!!", of course, I started to cry.  She immediately told me she understood!!  She explained all of it to me and told me that I was a very healthy person and would handle chemotherapy just fine.  She then took time to answer all of my questions in a very relaxed manner, never making me feel rushed or like she had somewhere else to be.  She went through all of the medications I will be taking and told me when to take them.  The plan is to take 4 chemo treatments over the next 3 months (one every 3 weeks) and then 12 more treatments over the next 3 months (one a week).  She mentioned that the 2nd half of treatments will not be nearly as hard as the first but she was confident I would handle the first ones just fine.  God is truly amazing!!  As Brian and I were leaving, I was blessed yet again to be able to minister to another breast cancer patient named Joni.  Please pray for her - there are lots of things going on for her.  Thank you so much for all of your prayers and love.  We need every bit of it!!

6 comments:

  1. To say I am thrilled/relieved/ecstatic, all rolled into one, would be an understatement!!!
    Thank you, God, for hearing our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PTL I am so glad the scans came back clear

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are most grateful for the Clear Scan and Praise God! We are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thankful for this blessing along the journey. I know there will be many, many more to come! I am reminded of a friend's comment after learning she was cancer free - "Why do we act so surprised when God answers our prayer? He tells us to ask, we do, then we are shocked that He actually handled things!"
    Cindy Waldrop

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMEN!!!! GOD IS SOOOO GOOD! So happy for you Julie!

    ReplyDelete