The Real New "DO"


These are "REAL" friends

Wigs

Wigs
Maddie having a little fun!!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Wig Shopping

After a beautiful weekend of planting flowers and just enjoying God's creation, today was the day the girls and I had waited for - wig shopping.  I wanted both girls to go with me to look for what would become my new hairdo.  I asked them for their opinion, because I wanted them to feel a big part of the decision.  Thanks to the rain storm, it was a perfect morning to be indoors doing some shopping.  Fortunately for us, we were the only ones interested in wigs at this particular store today.  The first wig I tried on must have totally freaked out the girls.  They were not very nice with their opinions, and the ladies in the store were ready to put them out in the rain.  We tried to remind them it was not the color they were to critique, but rather the style.  They still both "intensely disliked" the first wig.   I truly think the first one was more a reaction to the whole idea of Mom with a wig than it was the wig itself.  The second was much better.  In fact, it was the one we all decided we liked.  Now came the decision of what color to go with.  The wig color I tried on was beautiful, but it had much more red in it and we decided that, even though we liked it, it wasn't the color for me.  However, we all decided that Mom would take this opportunity to not have nearly as much gray in her new hairstyle as she does in her current one.  So the color will definitely be darker and different than my current hairstyle, but after discovering just how much gray I have, I am wonderfully excited to try something new and look "younger".  Both of the girls tried on one wig each and thoroughly enjoyed the attention and excitement of it all.  I will try to post the pictures we took, but I'm not sure I will be technically savvy enough.  All in all, I think we all really enjoyed ourselves.

Please pray this week for the results of the blood work I did almost 3 weeks ago.  I should find out this week or next if I have the genetic marker for breast cancer.  If I do have the marker, I will have a double masectomy and a hysterectomy at the end of my treatments.  The reason is the high percentage chance of cancer returning in my other breast (60%) or my ovaries (90%) if we only remove the one with cancer now.  If I don't have the genetic marker, the surgery decision will be made after all treatments are over and we see what is left of the tumor.  I will keep you posted!!!  Thanks for praying!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love the new hair...the color is so fun! I am sure that the girls enjoyed being a part of that trip! I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are beautiful and i love you! praying! hug the girls!

    ReplyDelete