The Real New "DO"


These are "REAL" friends

Wigs

Wigs
Maddie having a little fun!!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Port Surgery

We checked in at Methodist just before 6 this morning.  By 6:30, I was already in my gown and hooked up to all sorts of machines with an IV ready for anesthesia.  I even had a hose inserted in my gown for heat and given a controller to control the temperature.  How Awesome is That!!  Every single person I came in contact with was absolutely wonderful!!  I met several nurses, the anesthesiologist, her nurse, Dr. Pollack came in along with her nurse for surgery.  It was a party with an elite guest list! :)  At a few minutes before 7:00 AM, I was taken into the Operating Room and surrounded by all of those wonderful people.  One of them placed the oxygen mask over my mouth and nose and the next thing I remember was at 8:30 waking up in the recovery room.  Amazing!!  By 9:30, Brian and I were headed home.  Everything was super this morning including having a super husband who is hanging with me every step of the way on this journey.  I am now sore and trying to avoid the Vicadin.  Taking Tylenol instead - we'll see  how long that lasts.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment