The Real New "DO"


These are "REAL" friends

Wigs

Wigs
Maddie having a little fun!!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Top Braces are OFF!!!

After almost 2 1/2 years, Meredith finally got her top braces off.  Why so long you may ask?  The original plan for braces was 1 1/2 years since Mer didn't have any huge problems with her teeth.  Unfortunately, when you don't wear your rubber bands like they tell you to wear them, you get an extra year in the deal.  I must say her teeth look fabulously awesome!!  I have no idea when the bottom ones will come off, but if they look anything like the top, she will most definitely have a winning smile!  Today was such a huge blessing to me for a totally different reason!!  I was able to ask forgiveness of a friend for an offense that she and I had been a part of and I had held on to for almost 9 years.  I had long ago forgiven her for the offense but had never asked her to forgive me for the ill feelings I had harbored for the first few years after it happened.  I can not tell you how God heals when you follow what He leads you to do.  I saw today as my opportunity to "clear" the air.  It's funny how God works.  I don't know if any of what I just said makes any sense to you, but if you don't take anything else from my story, please know this.  If you take time to call that "friend" that you may have gotten upset at years ago and have since asked God for forgiveness, but never the person, there is no time like the present.  It is amazing how God will handle it if you will only try.  I also got a great report from my surgeon who says my port has healed nicely.  All is well.  Day 5 is ending with my beginning to feel "normal" again, whatever that is supposed to mean.  Let Go and Let God!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you are feeling better and I am enjoying your blogs. I agree with another comment that you definitely have a gift for writing with a sense of humur! Being blog illiterate myself I just figured out how to post comments. We are keeping you and your family in our prayers! Stephanie

    ReplyDelete