The Real New "DO"


These are "REAL" friends

Wigs

Wigs
Maddie having a little fun!!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Make the Most of It

Today is my last "free" day until all of this is over and I am declared "Cancer Free".  So what am I doing with my day you may ask.  How about an exciting day of Target, Wal-mart, maybe a little lite cleaning/picking up around the house, etc.   I know, I know, you wish you could join in the fun.  :)  I begin my first treatment in the morning.  I have all of the meds to take care of all the side effects that are expected.  I am a little anxious once again of the unknown and would appreciate continued prayers over the next week as I see how this affects me.  Many of you have asked how you can help me.  A sweet friend has set up a care calendar for me and the info is at the top of my blog right under the title.  Check it out if you are able.  As I read in my devtional book this morning, I was reminded of something again that seems to be very obvious to me in these days.  As believers, we have a responsibility to be a blessing not only to those who are living godly lives but also to those who are not.  Do you find yourself upset at the checkout person at the grocery store when they overcharge you by accident?  Do you fuss a little too much at the waiter when you have had to wait a little too long for a refill? We have no idea what any of those people are dealing with in their lives, yet we are to be Jesus to them.  How are you doing with that?  I pray daily for God to bring someone into my path, either that I already know or that I have never met, that I can somehow show God's love to them.  That is how I am making the most of it.  How about you?

1 comment:

  1. Julie, You have a gift (writting and expression of your thoughts) and I am thankful you are sharing. It is so true what you say: "We have no idea what any of those people are dealing with in their lives, yet we are to be Jesus to them." I need to remind myself of this more often. Thank you for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete