The Real New "DO"


These are "REAL" friends

Wigs

Wigs
Maddie having a little fun!!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Exercise

Before this roller coaster ride started, I was used to exercising 5-6 times per week.  I would alternate between running 4 miles or biking 11-12 miles.  I love doing that!!  So even though it had been several weeks since I had exercised (because I could hardly get myself out of bed), I decided Wednesday was as good a day as any to begin again.  So I took off on a run that lasted about .3 of a mile.  At that point, my heart rate was already through the roof (I wear a heart rate monitor), so I decided to walk/run the rest of the way.  I went for 3 miles and enjoyed every minute of it.  Until lunch time!!  Once I got home and cleaned myself up, I went to the lab to have blood work done which I now have to do every week.  I was expecting to be in and out in about 30 minutes.  After an hour wait, I was finally seen in just enough time to run to Schlotsky's and pick up the lunch for Maddie I had promised her I would bring.  As soon as she finished lunch, we went to the library so I could buy her something from the school book fair.  By the time I got home, I was ready for a nice long rest.  It was only about 1:00 pm.  I was supposed to wait on some ladies from church to bring over a prayer shawl for me to use during treatments, but I couldn't even stay up for them past 1:15.  I was sad that I missed them, but I knew I wouldn't make it if I didn't lay down for a bit.  I slept for a bit and was able to have enough energy to take the girls to church for their mid-week activities.  All in all, I think I overdid things just a little!! :) 
So on Thursday morning, I decided a bike ride might be better for me.  Instead of my normal  11-12 miles, I only made it 8.5 miles at a slower pace than normal.  I loved every minute of it also!!  The difference between the two was the tired factor.  I don't know if it was because I was one more day removed from chemo or just was an easier option for exercise.  Either way, I think I will turn to "speed walking" and biking for a while.  I sat outside today just so I could enjoy the sunshine.  It was perfect.  To make a great day even better, we had dinner brought to us by one of our favorite people and convinced her to stay and enjoy it with us.  What a blessing friends are!!!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are doing GREAT!! I wish I could have done that during my treatments ... Hey, I wish I could do that now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are doing Great.....Keep that POSITIVE Spirit GOD is filling you with.

    ReplyDelete