The Real New "DO"


These are "REAL" friends

Wigs

Wigs
Maddie having a little fun!!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

This is the Day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it

I  must say, I didn't start off rejoicing this morning.  After Brian and the girls left for church, I had myself a bona fide pity party.  I cried for at least a half an hour because I didn't want to be home; I wanted to be worshipping at chuch with my family.  I listened to some Chris Tomlin, Chris Sligh, and Brit Nicole and finally snapped out of it.  I cleaned a little in the house (therapeutic to those of you who are rolling your eyes), called my brother in Africa and talked to the whole family, and took a 1 1/2 hour nap.  By then, it was time for lunch.  I made myself a grilled cheese sandwich even though that didn't really sound all that great.  I knew I had better eat something.  I also took a 1/4 dosage of ritalin because I was having a really hard time focusing on anything.  I tried to read in my book and couldn't even focus on the words.  After I took it, I began to feel better in that respect.  Brian got home, ate his lunch and came and sat with me on the couch to watch a little college basketball.  The girls were out - Meredith with a friend at the rodeo to see Selena Gomez and Maddie to a friend's from church.  After a bit, my sweet friend, Alys Shorter, came over to share some of her experience with surviving breast cancer.  It was great of her to come and good for me to ask her some questions.  When she left, Brian and I took the dog on a  walk.  It was only a little over a mile, but enough for me just to get out of the house and enjoy the sunshine.  Brian went out again with the dog and I just sat out in a chair on the driveway soaking up some of that fabulous 70 degree Houston weather.  What a blessed day it turned out to be in spite of my pity party.  In my devotional for today, I was reminded that I have not been left to fend for myself.  God has given me His great power and I will never have any problem that requires more power than that.    Blessings on your day!!

1 comment:

  1. We are all entitled to a pity party every now & then. Today is a new day! So excited your mom is coming, and will be here for the next round of chemo.

    ReplyDelete